Position Title: Director of Development and Marketing
Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. (“Bridges”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Howard County, MD. Bridges’ mission is to provide a path to self-sufficiency to prevent and end homelessness through affordable housing solutions and advocacy in Howard County. Bridges works towards building a community in which families working towards self-sufficiency can obtain and maintain housing stability. To that end, Bridges provides affordable housing and/or case management to households who are precariously housed and overburdened with rent, facing eviction and at risk of homelessness, or already homeless.
The Director of Development and Marketing will have primary responsibility for all development/fundraising, grant management, and marketing functions of the organization, and will assist the Board of Directors (Board) and its Resource Development Committee (RDC), Executive Director (ED) and Deputy Director (DD) to increase the effectiveness of development and marketing activities. An estimated 75% of time spent will be on development and fundraising activities, 25% on marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish education opportunities for board and staff to expand and sustain fundraising culture within the organization.
- Evaluate current fundraising activities for return on investment (ROI) and develop plans to improve ROI.
- Work with the Board, ED and DD to create development/fundraising goals, and develop and implement an annual plan to achieve the goals.
- Function as the lead staff member for all fundraising events, third-party fundraising, donor communication and donor appeals.
- Personally seek and secure major gifts ($5,000+) from individuals and corporations- resulting in increased number of major gifts ($5,000+) to the organization annually.
- Increase annual fundraising revenue by 5% annually.
- Engage and cultivate donors, focusing on businesses and individuals in order to increase average donor gift by 10%.
Marketing and Outreach (25%)
- Lead efforts on marketing, outreach and public relations relating to Bridges’ programs, fundraising/development activities and events.
- Coordinate with other staff members to produce a bi-monthly e-newsletter and regular social media posts that highlight Bridges’ news, events, community partners and community impact.
- Establish an effective communication strategy that strengthens Bridges’ brand in the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of prior experience in development and marketing for a nonprofit of similar size and budget, with a proven track record of successful grant-writing, individual gifts, capital campaigns and fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with donor databases
- Proven ability to apply for grants and meet grant-reporting requirements
- Proven ability to seek and secure major gifts ($5,000+) from individuals and corporations
- Maryland driver’s license, a vehicle and car insurance, and willingness to use the vehicle for job-related activities (mileage reimbursable)
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit management, public relations or related field
- Continuing education in professional fundraising and marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of affordable housing and/or homelessness services
- Existing network of philanthropic organizations and individuals
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds. Bridges is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week), salaried position.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING