Development and Marketing Manager
Position Title: Development and Marketing Manager
Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. (“Bridges”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Howard County, MD. Bridges’ mission is to provide a path to self-sufficiency to prevent and end homelessness through affordable housing solutions and advocacy in Howard County. Bridges works towards building a community in which families working towards self-sufficiency can obtain and maintain housing stability. To that end, Bridges provides affordable housing and/or case management to households who are precariously housed and overburdened with rent, facing eviction and at risk of homelessness, or already homeless.
The Development and Marketing Manager will be expected to have primary responsibility for all development/fundraising, grant management, and marketing functions of the organization, and to assist the Board of Directors (Board) & its’ Resource Development Committee (RDC), Executive Director (ED) and Deputy Director (DD) with development and marketing activities benefitting Bridges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Bridges’ standards of confidentiality
- Set and maintain Bridges’ policy of respect, professionalism, confidentiality, and compassion
- Participate in Bridges’ training and, on occasion, networking events and weekend Bridges’ activities
- Attend Board meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist the Board, ED, and DD in all development and marketing functions, including acting as the liaison with any third-party consultants for development/ fundraising.
- Develop and implement an annual development/fundraising plan and work with the Board, ED, and DD to create development goals and objectives within Bridges’ strategic plan.
- Annually, develop a fundraising tool kit (including fundraising marketing materials) to assist annual fundraising goals.
- Function as the lead staff for all fundraising events, third-party fundraising, donor communication, and donor appeals.
- Manage donor database to ensure accurate donor records and prompt acknowledgments.
- Engage and cultivate donors, focusing on businesses and individuals (growing the number of active donors in Bridges’ donor database and converting relevant lapsed donors to active donors).
- Prospect, develop, recruit and manage event-planning leadership, corporate event sponsors, and other event partners.
- Serve as the staff liaison or chair for, and ex-officio member of, the RDC, attend all RDC meetings and be responsible for reporting to the RDC on all development and marketing activities.
- Work with RDC to establish annual fundraising goals consistent with development/fundraising plan.
- Work with RDC, ED, and DD in prospecting, developing, and recruiting new RDC members.
- Assist the ED and DD in prospecting, applying, and reporting for government and private foundation/civic group grants for general operating and capacity-building grants.
- Assist the ED, DD, HSP Manager, Alliance Program Manager, and Housing Connections Program Manager in prospecting, applying, and reporting for government and private foundation/civic group grants for program grants.
- Assist the ED, DD, and Alliance Program Manager in prospecting, applying, and reporting for government and private foundation/civic group grants for acquisition and capital grants.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist with development and marketing activities.
Marketing and Outreach
- Lead efforts on marketing, outreach, and public relations relating to Bridges’ programs and fundraising/development activities and events.
- Produce, or have primary responsibility for coordinating with the marketing team to produce, bi-monthly e-newsletter highlighting Bridges’ news, events, community partners, and community impact.
- Create or update marketing materials, used in the fundraising toolkit and promote Bridges’ services and events, and public profiles (such as GuideStar, Google, etc.).
- Manage Bridges’ social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube), including growing followership, and regularly updating and adding content on Bridges’ website.
- Actively engage (posting at least three times a week & engaging followers) in social media relating to Bridges’ activities, including fundraising efforts and accomplishments.
- Develop and implement Bridges’ annual marketing and outreach/public relations plan, including the creation of outreach and public relations materials.
- Collaborate with other staff, volunteers, and third-party consultants on marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Function as the lead staff for all marketing and outreach events.
- Work with the Board, ED, and DD to solidify Bridges’ existing relationships and establish new relationships with other organizations and individuals in the community, particularly the faith-based organizations, other nonprofits, government agencies, public officials, local corporations, individual donors, and local leaders and activists.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; strong preference for Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Social Work, or other related field
- At least 5 years prior experience in development and marketing for a nonprofit of similar size and budget, with a proven track record of successful grant-writing, individual gifts, capital campaigns, and fundraising
- Continuing education in professional fundraising and marketing preferred
- Must possess an MD driver’s license, a vehicle, and car insurance; must be willing to use personal vehicle for job-related activities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Familiarity with Network for Good or similar database
- Familiarity with Canva a plus
- Experience or proven ability to produce and comply with operational budgets
- Experience or proven ability to apply for grants and meet grant reporting requirements
- Experience or proven ability to seek and secure major gifts ($5000+) from individuals and corporations
- Ability to work within or lead a team, multi-task, and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to represent Bridges in the general community
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff, and board
- Ability to plan and work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preference for knowledge and understanding of (or proven ability to learn and apply principles of) affordable housing and/or homelessness services
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds. Bridges is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week), salaried position.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING MANAGER