POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant (PA)
Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. (“Bridges”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Howard County, MD. Bridges’ mission is to provide a path to self-sufficiency to prevent and end homelessness through affordable housing solutions and advocacy in Howard County. Its vision is for a community in which family’s working toward self-sufficiency can obtain and maintain housing stability. To that end, Bridges provides affordable housing and/or case management to households who are precariously housed and overburdened with rent, facing eviction and at risk of homelessness, or already homeless. For more information, please see www.bridges2hs.org.
The PA’s primary responsibilities are to provide general office support to Bridges management and staff and ensure efficient office operations by fostering and adhering to team spirit and communicating effectively with all elements of the Bridges community, including vendors and clients. The PA also provides programmatic and administrative assistance to both Bridges’ Housing Stability Program (HSP) and Bridges Alliance Program, including data collection and reporting of program statistics. The PA also assists management staff with tasks further outlined below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains Bridges’ standards of confidentiality and professionalism
- Represents Bridges’ mission and standards effectively with the public
- Adheres to all processes and procedures
- Serves as first point of contact for visitors, general phone calls, and client related emails through Bridges’ website
- Responsible for preparing invoices for payment of program-related expenses in coordination with finance staff
- Manage program-related volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Database Management: Assures all spreadsheets on shared drive and elsewhere regarding clients, grants, and program information are up to date
- Homeless Management Information System: Enters data into system on a regular basis as directed by HSP Management. Looks up clients in the County’s Coordinated System of Homeless Services (CSHS) as needed
- Filing: Manage day?to?day program filing, which includes creating folders for new clients, keeping all current files up to date, closing and storing files
- Data Collection: Responsible for the collection and reporting of quarterly program data statistics
- Ensures security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Coordinates receipt and distribution of furnishings from donors to clients
- Attends HSP Staff Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- A commitment to Bridges’ vision to increase affordable housing in the County to prevent and end homelessness
- Associates Degree either in a human services/administration, business or related field; (Note that 3+ years of relevant experience may be considered in substitution for education)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Social Media Platforms preferred
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds. Bridges is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
HOURS: This is a part-time (30 hours a week), salaried position.
SUPERVISOR: Bridges Alliance Program Manager
The Bridges Alliance Program Manager will conduct a 90-day review of the PA’s performance, as well as annual reviews thereafter. All annual reviews are conducted at the end of Bridges’ fiscal year, which runs from July 1- June 30. Bridges utilizes a 360-degree evaluation process, which also includes a self-evaluation, evaluations from subordinates (as applicable), and of other management staff with whom the PA has regular work-related dealings and contact.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
BENEFITS: Bridges provides medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short-term disability, Bridges’ retirement account matching (up to 3% of salary), and flexible leave.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Visit www.bridges2hs.org for additional information about Bridges and the Bridges Housing Stability Program